Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Micro SD in MaxiSysPro
Micro SD in MaxiSysPro

6596 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-07-30 01:02:35

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-07-29 20:05:06

Maxi Sys Pro Micro SD card headaches!
     I tried to install a new SanDisk 128gb micro SD card but due to the size limitation of 32 GB for FAT32 format and that most SD cards larger are now default in EXFAT or NTFS format windows PC will not format the larger size card than 32 GB in FAT32 format.
     I put the 128GB SD card in MaxiSys Pro and it viewed card as damaged but MaxiSys Pro  gave a pop up if I wished to format SD card, which I selected and believe it did. I took out the 128GB micro  SD card and checked it again  in a Windows PC and Ubuntu PC that were no longer able to read the card or what format it was now in . I returned the 128 GB micro SD card and got a Samsung 32 GB micro SD card that I checked in PC and it was indeed in FAT32 format. I popped the 32 GB card into the Maxi Sys Pro and I suddenly see 3 green arrows on the bottom and 45 updates are available. I click on Diagnosis and I can no longer see any car makes software and have a error message with authorization error code one. In a nut shell I had to download and reinstall all the car software all over. Be aware that in ES File Explorer the internal SSD is identified as an SD card and if you select format SD card on your MaxiSys Pro you will be in for an unpleasant experience, especially if you be out of your free update period. Hope everything still going to work.     

•   Level 7   
    (862) points
    SmogTech87

2017-07-29 21:18:10 (Reply to:witsend)

That happen to me with a 64Gb card.  http://pro.auteltech.com/autelsupport/Diagnostic%20System/19854.jhtml?createrId=284087&view=1

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-07-29 22:25:48 (Reply to:witsend)

Hey Wits, were you then able to load all of your data to the external SD card when you downloaded it? If so, being a 32gb card is the largest that you can use, did you gain anything?
     It would be nice if you could load the large BMW,VW, and Mercedes files on to an external card and leave the rest of the cars on the internal.
     I have the MaxiSys Pro and have only 10gb's left. If they are adding Ford programming by the end of the year, memory is going to be getting thin. If you delete the cars that are not in the US market you will not gain much as they are generally small files.
     So after all is said and done, were you able to download the software to your new external card and do you think that you gained anything?
    Kevin

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-07-30 01:02:35 (Reply to:Kevin H)

All the car makes did download again , I don't know if every thing is now on the external SD card or not.Strange I now have 6.01 GB out of of space (used?) out of 29.82 GB on the EXT SD (new 32GB micro SD card that I installed in slot). I did not copy and paste or enter any commands for files to be installed or moved there.
     On the internal drive that is actually is named SD Card It shows 9.48 GB out of 25.82GB so believe it now has more space on internal drive than it did before. I believe some automatic processes occurs when you install the external SD card  that will wipe the car makes off the internal SSD drive if you select format SD card and that requires you to re download all the software all over again so "SD card" is actually the name for internal SSD. I'm afraid to eject the micro SD card and reinstall it for fear I might have to repeat everything all over again. The internal SSD should not be titled SD card. I can just imagine how many people will end up accidentally deleting their scan folders after their update period is over and have to pay $1200 to buy another year of updates.

Total1 Pages